Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Non-Traditional Land Rover Club

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WINTER ROMP!

Go down 
+7
sloanfiske1
devildog01
Hilltoppersx
Cris_A
dcarr1971
Long Haul
Greatdivide1
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Cris_A
Articulation Expert
Cris_A

WINTER ROMP! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 12:26 am

Hilltoppersx wrote:
Not sure if we are night wheeling friday night or not. but they do go out after mexican buffet to hit the trails.

Will give it a try if I can get a trailer between now and the 14th Im thinking about trailing the disco, otherwise I wont go too crazy need that truck to bring us back home . Im thinking pick up time at Ed's house around 9 to 10am in Westchester NY
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 12:12 pm

it's 5hr 37 mins from my house according to Google.
Back to top Go down
https://nelrc.iftopic.com
sloanfiske1
Dirty Diff Fluid Tech
sloanfiske1

PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 2:48 pm

Let me know if you guys want to meet in Danbury. I'm likely meeting someone there, then someone in W. Hartford. Coordinating with the Boston crew around 2pm.

Likely on the trails by 6pm or so.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 3:57 pm

we are probably heading west towards new haven then cutting up towards Hartford. I'm on the CT border in NY so to get to Danbury would be back tracking
Back to top Go down
sloanfiske1
Dirty Diff Fluid Tech
sloanfiske1

PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 4:08 pm

We could meet off 84 near Hartford as well. Meeting someone else there.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 4:12 pm

we are about 90 mins from Hartford at my house so we are looking at 1030-1130 depending on what time Cris gets to my house.
Back to top Go down
Cris_A
Articulation Expert
Cris_A

PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 3:51 pm

If not another meeting point for the final leg will be at the border of New Hampshire and Maine on 95N ,whats the name of that place to buy stuff tax free or something like that cant remember the name .
Back to top Go down
sloanfiske1
Dirty Diff Fluid Tech
sloanfiske1

PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 4:08 pm

once we get ron from ma in the convoy...it's a mad dash to maine. we maybe stop for fuel and coffee.
Back to top Go down
Little Green Giant
Jiffy Lube Tech
Little Green Giant

PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 1:12 pm

Ed I'll look for you up there, heading up with about 3-4 trucks
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 9:21 am

Little Green Giant wrote:
Ed I'll look for you up there, heading up with about 3-4 trucks

nice! who else are you going up with? Fernando & Carlos?
Back to top Go down
Little Green Giant
Jiffy Lube Tech
Little Green Giant

PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 1:50 pm

Carlos yes, but he and Fernnando no longer do business together. Another friend of ours from Connecticut and his friend.
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 7:01 pm

I'm thinking about leaving Wednesday night (it's a lot further from this end of PA). The wife wants to do some sightseeing along the way. I'll catch up with you guys when you arrive on Friday.

After dinner they're planning late night wheeling, but if the weather is ugly and you haven't been there before you might want to see it in the daylight first...some of the trails lead right out onto beaver ponds and peat bogs. Obviously, that's a problem if the ice isn't thick enough and you end up out there in the dark...
Back to top Go down
samnt650
Guy Who Knows Shit
samnt650

PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 7:27 pm

Ed. It's almost 8 hr drives from CNJ to ME. I plan to leave home around 10:30. My next stop is Edgewater for lunch. Will try to hit MA Costco for fuel. Then all the way to ME. Can't tell if I will run into anyone of u and not sure if I would wheel on Fri Nite. Sat Am, I will see you guys at Big G. What time u want to meet? Am staying at the Grand Hotel
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 9:02 pm

Sam, plan to hit Big G's early. The line runs out the door into the parking lot if you get there after 9:00...
Back to top Go down
samnt650
Guy Who Knows Shit
samnt650

PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 5:34 pm

K. Get to Big G before 9am. Does wheeling start at 11am, or can it be earlier? Do we all bring lunch onto the trail?
Back to top Go down
sloanfiske1
Dirty Diff Fluid Tech
sloanfiske1

PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 5:41 pm

Order a whole sandwich at g's to go. It'll feed an army
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 6:40 pm

we will probably be ahead of you. I think Cris is picking me up shortly after you are leaving NJ. so about an hour or so a head of you. in case anyone needs my phone number text messages are best since service is spotty up there for me. 914 861 five one zero one
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 11:09 am

Hey, Just a friendly reminder...

Did all of you guys remember to complete the Registration form (http://www.winterromp.org/Release.pdf) and send it to Bruce? They were due back by 2/8...
Back to top Go down
Cris_A
Articulation Expert
Cris_A

PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 12:05 am

Well this sucks , Im having brake problems ...after replacing the standard lines for SS lines yesterday my brake pedal goes down to the floor , I found out today that the regular bleeding procedure doesnt work on a 04 D2 , it needs a computer to bleed the system correctly , also read about gravity bleeding so I did today for 4 hours and it got better but erratic it will grab and the next time it wont , so Ed is going to find out if anyone going to the Romp can bring that computer to do a quick bleeding during some down time ... this fucking sucks just at the last minute .
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 4:30 am

Cris_A wrote:
Well this sucks , Im having brake problems ...after replacing the standard lines for SS lines yesterday my brake pedal goes down to the floor , I found out today that the regular bleeding procedure doesnt work on a 04 D2 , it needs a computer to bleed the system correctly , also read about gravity bleeding so I did today for 4 hours and it got better but erratic it will grab and the next time it wont , so Ed is going to find out if anyone going to the Romp can bring that computer to do a quick bleeding during some down time ... this fucking sucks just at the last minute .

Chris, I just bought a Hawkeye. I've never used it yet, but i'll bring it.
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 8:06 am

The problem with the hawk eye is that's it's connected to your VIN and only one truck at a time. I'm not sure how easily you can switch vehicles. what he needs is a t4. Some people have luck with the power bleeds some don't. Easiest and most effective and expensive is t4 because it shuttles the modulator valves.
Back to top Go down
dcarr1971
Custom CDL Installer
dcarr1971

PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 10:17 am

Hmmm...i'll have to give it a try. They guy I got it from said this one is opened up for all Disco 2s...
Back to top Go down
sloanfiske1
Dirty Diff Fluid Tech
sloanfiske1

PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 1:21 pm

Safe journeys all. It's nasty out there
Back to top Go down
Hilltoppersx
Admin
Hilltoppersx

PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 1:32 pm

it's a shit show. we got about 8 inches and now it's turning to sleet/snow mix.
Back to top Go down
airbornrover
ABS Modulator Fondler

PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 1:42 pm

So since I am missing out on this how are the roads and conditions out there? Any pics of the way up there?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WINTER ROMP!   WINTER ROMP! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WINTER ROMP!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next